nafex - Re: [NAFEX] netting for blueberry protection

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] netting for blueberry protection
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:00:42 -0400

I use plastic bird netting, but I use less and less each year. The holes (when stretched) are about an inch around, and the stuff works all too well as a snare. I don't like removing dead chipmunks and junkos from my netting - I've almost given up on the strawberries, it's just not worth handling all those little dead things. But maybe a rigid netting wouldn't work as well to snare them.

Ginda