nafex - [NAFEX] re: question

  • From: John Jourdan <jourdanj@foxinternet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] re: question
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:12:21 -0500

Jim
I purchased Thiram about 3 years ago from La Crescent Orchard Supply in La
Crescent Minnesota. I think they have since merged with UAP Great Lakes- La
Crescent. I cant find a catalog so don't have their address or phone number
but you should be able to find it with a search on the internet.
They sell it in 30 pound bags so shipping costs would be high. I picked
mine up but have had other things shipped from there. A thirty pound bag
will last me about ten years.
Thiram is one of the few fungicides that I use. It is less effective than
some but probably safer to use. As an added benefit I don't see a deer for
about a week after spraying with Thiram.
Thiram has been around for a long time. Besides its use as a fungicide it is
also used on young pine plantations to reduce deer damage. The active
ingredient is also used (under another name) in a product that is used to
treat alcoholics. (Don't stop for a beer after spraying with Thiram. )

  • [NAFEX] re: question, John Jourdan, 04/23/2004