nafex - [NAFEX] Apple identification

  • From: "Ed Forest" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple identification
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:40:54 +0000

I failed to explain that the letter was written by someone who contacted me, so I don't have these trees nor have I tasted them. I suppose they could be Chinese Golden Early except that he described them as being light green in color not yellow as the picture of Ch G Early shows and its text description also states that it is yellow. Course, it may turn yellow after being green like Yellow Transparent. Still, I doubt that an Alaskan apple could be so tasty grown in Illinois where the owner resides.

(BTW, I myself have Chinese Golden Early trees but haven't fruited them yet. the owner of the "Chinese Golden Delicious" is going to send me some photos so perhaps that would help rule out Chin Golden Early, or not)
Thanks for your help everyone!
Kevin Bradley

From must-see cities to the best beaches, plan a getaway with the Spring
Travel Guide! http://special.msn.com/local/springtravel.armx