nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple identification

  • From: Bob Hartman <hartmansfruittrees@wport.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple identification
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:56:49 -0700

Hi Kevin,

Chinese Golden Early is listed in the Fruit, Nut, & Berry Inventory. It says
"Unknown parentage. Fruits grow
1.5" with lemon-yellow skin color. Keeps up to 3 weeks. ripens 1 week
before Yellow Transparent; early
August. Hardy to Zones 1-2. Named after George C. Chipman, 1944." Does
this sound like it at all? Bear Creek
had them but they are out of business. Prosser WA has scionwood. Why don't
you just build your own trees?

Bob Hartman
Western Washington