nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persian fruits in the US

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persian fruits in the US
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:05:32 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] persian fruits in the US
An interesting notion, given how many of the fruits and nuts we use originated in the Middle East.  Figs, apricots, grapes, pomegranates, apples, pistachio nuts,  etc.  Include ones that have their origin in more eastern (or other) areas, but still have major centers of diversity in the Middle East, and you can get a very long list.
-Lon Rombough

This is kind of an odd quaestion, but I remember
someone posting a link a few months ago to a nursery
in CA (San Diego I think).
That sold fruit trees from the middle east.  The web
page was in English and Persian.

I looked throught the archives. I cant seem to find
it.
If someone knows what I am talking about, could you
please send me the link?

Robert