nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Plastic bags over apples vs. spraying

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Plastic bags over apples vs. spraying
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:59:42 -0700

Thanks Nate!  This is really good information.  I have heard of bagging apples before, but not using ordinary sandwich bags.  I am surprised that you did not have to cut ventilation holes in the bag.  We have a big problem with scab in the Seattle area.  I wonder if this would be a problem in the plastic bags.  My biggest problem as far as fruit quality goes is with coddling moths.  I think I will bag some apples this year with your method and see how it works for me.

-Mark Lee, Seattle, zone 7B/8A