nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Question......

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Question......
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:56:30 -0500

Perhaps.....covering tank with a water-holding material like burlap, cotton, jute....soaking it in water....evaporation will lower water temperature....suppressing algae growth some.

Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts

Jim F wrote:

    I have an algae problem.  I water my greenhouse by pumping well water into an elevated tank then use the water after it warms to greenhouse temperature.  Trouble is, I get an algal bloom inside the tank.  The algae then covers the soil surface of the plants and all this has been a constant battle with fungicides for the plants, draining & cleaning the tank, and etc.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to control the algae in the tank?Thanks,Jim FruthPequot Lakes, MN