nafex - [NAFEX] Question......

  • From: Jim F <bonfire58_2000@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Question......
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 05:53:47 -0800 (PST)

    I have an algae problem.  I water my greenhouse by pumping well water into an elevated tank then use the water after it warms to greenhouse temperature.  Trouble is, I get an algal bloom inside the tank.  The algae then covers the soil surface of the plants and all this has been a constant battle with fungicides for the plants, draining & cleaning the tank, and etc.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to control the algae in the tank?
Thanks,
Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN

Do you Yahoo!?