nafex - [NAFEX] moving hardy kiwi

  • From: "Adrienne Bordo" <beartown@acbm.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] moving hardy kiwi
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:47:34 -0500

I had to move all my plants a few years ago when we changed fencing. The
argutas took the move quite well even though they were older plants. The
kolomikta of the same age were set back quite a lot & haven't done as well
in their new location.
I found out that they will grow back from any piece of root left in the
ground!!

Here (Zone 4b) the argutas have died back from frost damage quite badly some
years. The kolomiktas handle the cold temps better.

I have not had a lot of fruit on either species. Due more to poor placement
& lack of summer moisture than spring frost.

Adrienne

Norman & Adrienne Bordo
Beartown Chesapeakes
www.beartownchesapeakes.com

  • [NAFEX] moving hardy kiwi, Adrienne Bordo, 03/23/2004