nafex - RE: [NAFEX] wax, and grafting.

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] wax, and grafting.
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:13:54 -0500

I had a seedling Dwarf Apple tree Rootstock about 7 foot tall . And it was near the end of the season and I had a lot of apple scion varieties left. I grafted all the branches (27) splice grafts. I painted the graft and all the scion with Doc Farwell's grafting paint (yellow) Every one of those grafts took. The next spring I gave it to a daughter.

Last spring I also was wondering about the talk that was going on at the time about how long should a scion be. I grafted 2 apple grafts one 13 inches long, the other 23 inches long. I just used a grafting rubber to hold the graft. Both grew to the tip, and look good this spring.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time offer)