nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scale Insect Migration?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scale Insect Migration?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:04:58 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Scale Insect Migration?
If you check the life cycle of scale, I believe you will find that the juvenile stage is mobile, possibly even able to fly, depending on the species.
-Lon Rombough

   Scott from Lancester, PA wrote:
Although much is written about controlling scale, I have seen nothing
about how they always manage to find my citrus plants etc.  How do
these
guys get from one room to another or to plants that are not contiguous?

   I have wondered the very same thing for many years.  Has any research ever been conducted to solve this enigma?