nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Splice grafting, knifes & more. (long)

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Splice grafting, knifes & more. (long)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:35:02 EST

In a message dated 3/11/2004 10:15:35 AM US Eastern Standard Time, lostman_amiga@yahoo.com writes:

How do you wrap tightly with the parafilm and
keep the scion in place.
I need a third hand. I can do
it but it is kind of clumsy. The scion wants to shift
or fall. Then a lot of times you need to add some kind
of support.  I tied some small bamboo next to the
scion for support
Forget these grafting rubbers! I don’t know how people
tuck the last bit under while keeping the rubber
tight. I piece of plastic, twist ties or twine works
better me.

Hello Lostman,

How do you keep the scion in place while wrapping with the Parafilm? Grafting rubber, which you have trouble with.  I've been using them for years, no problem. Make sure you leave enough at the end to be able to tuck it under. When I use up most of it wrapping, the short end is difficult to tuck in. If I need all of the rubber, I use two of them tied together.

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Splice grafting, knifes & more. (long), Jwlehman, 03/12/2004