nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Splice grafting, knifes & more.

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Splice grafting, knifes & more.
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:33:38 +0000

For grafters with weak wrists, it may be difficult if not impossible to get nice smooth faces on the cuts of scion & stock, on sticks of pencil size. I have better success rates with wood half that diameter, because I can slice clean & straight thru it, and then I get a better match of the cambiam layers.

tc, s.WI, maple & cottonwood buds & a couple cold robins say "spring", but not much else