nafex - Re: [NAFEX] archives

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] archives
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:07:53 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] archives
I have never tried the search feature on the archives.  All I have done is go to
Go to any month, click on "subject" and get a list of all postings arranged by subject, alphabetically.  It does rely on the posters having stayed with the subject, of course.  Beyond that, we need a good computer person to tell us how to search within the letters, if the "search" feature isn't doing it.
-Lon Rombough

I decided to check out the archives after this discussion started, to see if they have become more useful.  I searched for, among other things, "apple wood", and got no results, even though I had introduced this subject not long ago, and it is in the February archives under the subject "apple wood".
Thhen I did a search for "apple", and got the "no matches found" message again.
If you can't find things when searching the archives, it is quicker to ask the question again than to go through the entire archives looking for your subject.
I think the search function is useless.