nafex - Re: [NAFEX] archives

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] archives
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:31:17 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] archives
In this case, you are right that cherries are not discussed a great deal on the list, and the majority of the comments I've seen relate more to pie cherries than sweet cherries.   For some reason, there has never been a lot of activity in sweet cherries in NAFEX.  A few members discuss them from time to time, but not many.  You might try the Home Orchard Society website, since cherries are more common on the west coast.  http://www.homeorchardsociety.org

Last week I posted a question concerning two varieties of cherries, Dyehouse and an unknown white cherry that grew in or around Blyth, Ontario 30 years ago. Since I got no response to my post, I went to the archives and did a search on "white" and "cherry". Nothing found. I then changed the search to "cherry". Still nothing for "cherry" or "cherries". Am I to assume that the subject of growing cherries has never come up in NAFEX? Or is it that the search only goes against the subject text and no one ever used cherry as the subject? I guess my question is, how does one use the archives effectively?