nafex - [NAFEX] Rejected messages / how to post

  • From: "NAFEX List" <nafexlist@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rejected messages / how to post
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:46:53 -0800

Dear list users:

The recent batch of email viruses make it extremely difficult to figure out (based on subject, etc.) which messages are legitimate. I now get about 20 rejected messages a day; more when new varieties of virus are released.

I regret that I do NOT have the time to read each rejected message. I regretably must reject just about everything that isn't recognizable to the list server as a legitimate user.

YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO THE LIST TO POST!! The instructions on subscribing/unsubscribing are at a link which is listed at the bottom of each message.

Before you go to the trouble of composing a message, make sure you are subscribed. All "held" messages are discarded. I do not "reject" messages (which returns the message to the sender) because this only confirms to spammers that the email address is valid and that someone reads it.

Regards,

GREG MILER

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as $29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

  • [NAFEX] Rejected messages / how to post, NAFEX List, 03/04/2004