nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Deer -formula for XP-20?

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Deer -formula for XP-20?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:43:07 -0500

On Monday, February 9, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Rodney Eveland wrote:

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/aaes/communications/highlights/winter99/deer.
html

http://www.liquidfence.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=200&1=215&2=-1&6=1

The liquid fence url is the home page for XP-20. The auburn url is a
study of various repellents. They state that XP-20 is Thiram, a bitter
tatsting fungicide. They also state that spraying with rotten eggs
gives the best protection, but I didn't read it thoroughly to see if
they have a formula to come up with a sprayable mix.

Thanks for info. Not acceptable for organic certification, though. (Thiram, that is. I think the rotten eggs are OK, though not advisable directly on the lettuce. I don't think they have to be rotten when you spray them.)

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly