nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Legal question...

  • From: "Ward Barnes" <ward_p_barnes@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Legal question...
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:41:01 +0000

While not a lawyer, in general any person can sue any other person for just about anything.  The trick is to get a settlement in their favor.  My best advice is a good insurance policy.  I currenty have my property and home insured through Farm Bureau with a "Farm Owner's Policy".  The standard Farm Owner's Policy in this state provides coverage up to $1,000,000 and covers the orchard, the self-pick operation (no ladders) and our home for only about $30.00 more per year than a standard home owner's policy which covers only to $100,000.  Before an insurance company will pay out that amount of money they will provide you with a very good lawyer.

Ward Barnes, Wake, VA.

>Hello, > >I have a legal question regarding ground hogs. Any lawyers on the list? > >If a person is injured on private property because of a hole made by a ground hog, and the property owner has done nothing to contain the problem or warn visitors to the property of the risk, is there potential for major claims to be made against the property owner? > >Possibly a U-Pick orchard person could answer this question as well. > >Later, >Tom >-- >Thomas Olenio >Ontario, Canada >Hardiness Zone 5b > > >_______________________________________________ >nafex mailing list >nafex@lists.ibiblio.org > >To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used to change other email options): >http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex > >File attachments are NOT stripped by this list >TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES! >Please do not send binary files. >Use plain text ONLY in emails! > >Message archives are here: >https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex > >NAFEX web site: http://www.nafex.org/

Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here.