nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Scion storage in freezer?

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Scion storage in freezer?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:39:57 -0800

If no one in NAFEX is aware of any research on long-term storage of
scionwood in a block of ice, this seems like a good project for one of us to
do. Any volunteers? It wouldn't require any expensive equipment, and the
results would directly benefit our members. Is the quality any better than
the standard dip into bleach solution? Could you cut the scionwood in one
season, and then use it a year later and have the grafts take?
-Mark Lee