nafex - [NAFEX] Vapor barrier of plastic bags

  • From: Jim F <bonfire58_2000@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Vapor barrier of plastic bags
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 05:32:40 -0800 (PST)

     One of the items I grow is Shiitake mushrooms both fresh and dry.  If I make the mistake of putting the dehydrated product in regular (polyethylene) plastic bags, within less than one month, so much mositure has penetrated the plastic that the mushrooms get moldy.  That problem is solved by using 'freezer' bags or, as they are commercially referred to, laminated polyethylene and polyproplylene.

Jim Fruth

Do you Yahoo!?