nafex - RE: [NAFEX] (no subject)

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:34:59 -0800

I grow marrow-stem kale. It will go to seed this spring. It grew to a
height of 4 feet tall before it fell over, which is taller than some of my
dwarf apple trees. Now it is growing horizontal. The leaves are giant,
over a foot wide and almost 3 feet long. Considered a cattle food, I enjoy
the young flowering shoots that are like broccoli when steamed. I'll save
you some seed if you like.
-Mark Lee, Seattle, zone 7B/8A