nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wonderful Catalog

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wonderful Catalog
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:16:20 -0600

Jim: Ive heard from several sources that Oregon Exotics is on hiatus. (Also confirmedon their website.) Ive ordered things from them in the past & some material was good & some barely acceptable.

As I posted in my previous message about Sea Buckthorn, spreading & invasiveness is not an issue in the heavy clay loam where I live. 6-7 year old plants are only 4-5 feet high & not a sucker in site. Very very slow growing. From past threads it seems that this is something to be concerned about in sandy soils. mIEKAL