nafex - Re: [NAFEX] canning without a boiling water bath

  • From: HDessureault <inter.verbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: herenorthere@lycos.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] canning without a boiling water bath
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:16:03 -0600

Dear Kristina & Bruce,
I agree entirely with your comments about caution and really appreciate your
information about botulism.

You stated :
That's why a pressure cooker should always be used to process non-acidic,
low sugar foods.

You will remember that this subject was launched by Dell who wanted some
comments on canning fruit juices and it was my assumption that the fruits
juices in question were acidic and sweet.

I agree with you that canning sockeye salmon should be done with a pressure
cooker.

Hélène