nafex - RE: [NAFEX] steam juicer

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] steam juicer
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:36:21 -0600

Randall wrote:
> Last month someone made a reference to a steam juicer for extracting
> juice from grapes without adding much water. Could someone point me
> a source of one?

The one we have is a "Mehu Maija" steam juicer and you could probably
find a source by doing a google search or checking on eBay. There is also a
"Mehu-Liisa" juicer which is supposed to be similar. We have been using our
Mehu Maija for oover 20 years, and 2 or 3 other families us it a few times
each summer, and we love it. I make juice from most of our grapes with it,
and seal the jars immediately after running the hot juice into the jars from
the juicer. Our friends use it to make juice for making jelly from various
fruits.

Here's a ink to the Mehu Liisa that I just
found:http://store.yahoo.com/steam-juicers/

Jim, in Menomonie, WI