nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Little Giant blueberry

  • From: Robert Hartley <bob@sprucemt.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Little Giant blueberry
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:19:02 -0500

All this talk about berries as big as or bigger than half dollars. Some of the non-geezers among us may never have seen a half dollar.

Bob Hartley z6, PA

Lon J. Rombough wrote:
Fall Creek Nursery says they can get larger than a half dollar. I was being conservative. Dave Brazelton, the owner of the nursery, knows his stuff, so I believe it's at least possible.
-Lon

ittle Giant blueberry

Lon,
Don't you mean Chandler is the size of a quarter? A half-dollar
would be a huge berry, like a plum. Chandler is described more as
the size of a cherry in catalogs I have read.
-Mark Lee, Seattle