nafex - [NAFEX] Poncirus recipes; lead in soils

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Poncirus recipes; lead in soils
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:40:34 -0500

3. Re: Lead takes root in urban gardens (list@ginda.us)
Ginda, thanks much for the info, and making the connections about lead level
gradients. I recall reading about lead in wines, traced in part to
vineyards near majors roads where leaded gas was still used.

7. Help! Recipe needed for court case (Peter Knop)
Peter,
Juice can be used for a lemonade type drink, perhaps this qualifies as a
recipe. We've only done this on limited scale, but you should be able to
with 10 bushels! Take care as how you juice them as gummy residue could
ruin your equipment if you can't get to it for cleaning; this happened to
Donna Hudson. (Consider emailing Donna direct for recipes as she is
intermittent on this list.)

We eat Poncirus fruit fresh, as we have some better selections with
non-bitter, non-emetic pulp. They are very sour, seedy, gummy and small
(golf-ball size).
If you are selecting for superior edible types (larger, less seedy/gummy)
could this qualify as agriculture?
Glad you are pursuing this, for those of us hopeful/desperate enough for
non-greenhouse, cold-hardy citrus.

Richard Moyer
Zone 6, East Tenn, 1800'

Message: 7