nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Maclura pomifera osage orange uses

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Maclura pomifera osage orange uses
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:00:36 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Maclura pomifera osage orange uses
I've had Osage Orange for about 20 years and the trees are not much more than 7 feet tall now.  They are painfully slow growing in the Oregon climate.  It appears they need more heat and summer rainfall than we have.
-Lon Rombough
How do you use the Osage Orange for fencing?
We have a big deer problem here in Oregon.
Interested in your design.
I wonder if it will grow here.
We get lots of rain and some freezing.
Sam