nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Potted culture; pinaapple guava

  • From: "Mike Levine" <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Potted culture; pinaapple guava
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:13:07 -0500

hmm...we were out in California this summer and my honey decided to bring
one back. I guess they are supposed to be hardy to 10 F? So I indulged her
and we've got this thing potted up and sitting outside for now. It's
getting cold and we are trying to decide if we should keep it in a garage
heated to 40 F for the winter or bring it in as a houseplant. Sounds like
we may never see any fruit from it unless we put it in a greenhouse.

Mike