nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Looking for good eating/canning pear for zone 4a

  • From: Nathan Torgerson <nathantorgerson@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Looking for good eating/canning pear for zone 4a
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:07:29 -0700 (PDT)

Claude,
 Nice pictures!  I haven't been able to locate your article from Pomona "Pears in cold climate"? Do you know where I could find it?

Thanks,
Nate

Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca> wrote:
Nathan,

In my orchard near Quebec, colder part of zone 4, I have Harrow Delight
which is hardy, but only marginally - on cold winters, there may be a bit
of damage, and the flower buds may freeze.

I have a nice young Flemish Beauty tree which is hardy here - this
variety is usually recommended for cold climate.

Have you read my article in Pomona about 2 years ago "Pears in cold
climate"?

You can see pictures that I have posted at the following URL:

http://www.gmc.ulaval.ca/pers/cjoli/tmp/pears.htm

Claude