nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Looking for good eating/canning pear for zone 4a

  • From: "Gord Hawkes" <mail@logcabinorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Looking for good eating/canning pear for zone 4a
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:44:10 -0400

We too have recently planted Luscious and Patten.  We have also planted Summercrisp, Menie and Minie.  Summercrisp has good hardiness rating and a bartlett like flavour.  Check out the following site for pear varieties recommended for Minnesota.  http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/YGLN-Apr1502.html

Regards,

Gord Hawkes
Log Cabin Orchard