nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ribston pippin

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ribston pippin
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:33:01 -0400

Thanks, but that's not it. I've had golden russets (which they also had) and it's very different. This was larger than the golden russet, and mostly red, with only a little russeting. It was also taller than a golden russet, sort of round (not very tall like a red delicious can be, but not flat like a mac or a golden russet). This also wasn't quite as dense as a golden russet, although it was fairly dense flesh,with a relatively fine grain. It WAS also a tart apple, but the predominent sensation was of sweet, accented by the tart.

Ginda