nafex - Re: [NAFEX] asian lady bugs

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] asian lady bugs
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:11:26 -0700

Every house I have lived in with a decent southern exposure, during my
recent 10 year spate of nomadics, has FILLED with these coleopterans each
winter. True, I've had no aphid problems on the plants I've brought in in
the winter, and the orgies are entertaining (aphids provoke sexual frenzy in
the ladybug) But! try reading at night with just one light on... they will
all fly to it. And at least a percentage seem to randomly taste whatever
they are walking across. Which means you in the circumstance.

-Rick

no southern exposure this year!