nafex - [NAFEX] FW: Lady Bugs

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] FW: Lady Bugs
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:56:44 -0700

Title: FW:  Lady Bugs
There has been quite a discussion on introduced Asian ladybugs on a wine list, and how they are getting into the grapes, causing a serious problem with off flavors in the wine.  Here is a cross posting that fits with the NAFEX discussion of them.
-Lon Rombough

----------

Apparently, we may be in for another plague of them ... whether minor or
major, not known yet. Some sightings of Asian multi-coloured ladybugs in
vineyards here in Niagara.

If interested, look at the Asian multi-coloured ladybug watch website
(Ontario sections listed below, although somewhat dated information
appears). Perhaps some Growwiners can file reports. Go up the menu levels
to 'links' to see what others are doing to control them. (Mothballs might
work, at least in buildings.)

http://www.pmcenters.org/northcentral/MALB/Ontario.htm

http://www.pmcenters.org/northcentral/MALB/OnNiagar.htm