nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Photos of siberian C

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Photos of siberian C
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:13:24 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Photos of siberian C
If you stratify them in the refrigerator, just watch for the pits to split on their own when the seeds inside start to germinate.  The root will start to emerge at the same time.  If that happens before frost danger is over outdoors, it's a good idea to pot the sprouted seeds as the roots can get all tangled if you leave them in stratification.

Any thoughts on germinating these pits?  I was planning on stratifying
til spring, then cracking the outer shells & potting up.  Perhaps I
should try direct seeding some.

mIEKAL