nafex - [NAFEX] Anyone growing Golden Nugget

  • From: Kevin Bradley <kbradley@ttlc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Anyone growing Golden Nugget
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:04:59 -0500

Thanks everyone, for your comments about this apple, I have a photo with it and two other apples that is nearly worthy of framing, Golden Nugget "steals the show". I should mention that it survived 33 below with no damage in zone 4b, sorry to hear that it isn't hardier but I am surprized it survived that, being descended from Cox which is the second most winter tender variety I have (of about 100).
Kevin B
BTW Newtown Pippin has been the most winter tender for me of all my other apples.

  • [NAFEX] Anyone growing Golden Nugget, Kevin Bradley, 09/18/2003