nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bramley's Seedling coloring up

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bramley's Seedling coloring up
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:12:34 -0500

Pete,

The Colo(u)r plate in Joan Morgan's 'The Book of Apples' shows Bramley's
seedling as a yellow-orange striped fruit that matches your description. I
happened to be looking at the book last night to get information about my
Ribston Pippin that's fruiting for the first time. (I picked it last
weekend.) I was struck by the color plate of Bramley's because I had
assumed that it was greenish as well.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI USDA zone 3