nafex - [NAFEX] Bramley's Seedling coloring up

  • From: "Pete Tallman" <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bramley's Seedling coloring up
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:48:16 -0600

My Bramley's Seedling fruit is coloring up to yellow-orange with red stripes, which I wasn't quite expecting to see, and it seems a little early to ripen. I thought this was more a green-yellow fruit. In size and shape, the apple seems to match the descriptions. The tree is bearing fruit for the first time this year, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Is this as expected for this climate - hot summer, dry, and lots of sun? (Tree purchased from Bear Creek.) Did I wait too long to pick it? Fruits are not dropping except a couple on a very windy evening before they started coloring up. I'm reluctant to pick one just to try if it's not ready yet 'cause I don't have too many apples on the tree.

Pete Tallman, Boulder, Colorado, theoretically zone 5

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general