nafex - Re: [NAFEX] PawPaw Seed Germination

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] PawPaw Seed Germination
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:09:02 -0400

The biggest thing with Pawpaw seed is that you never let them dry out. I clean, put in a solution of Bleach and water at 1 Tablespoon to gallon overnight. Then I store in zip-lock bags and in lower drawer of fridge till the ground in workable in spring. I and all who have gotten seed from me have near 100% germination. I have sent out many pounds over the years with repeats. I had more mold by adding moss. I do not add anything. If you check over the months and see mold dump back into the same type solution and clean return to a new Bag and fridge.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.