nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Carpet of thistle?

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Carpet of thistle?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:50:33 +0000

I'm still not sure of the species in question. Can you get a positive ID on-site ? I didn't know there were any thistles which sting like nettles.

Nettles and even Canada thistle mowed short often enough will be out-competed by things better adapted; rosette/ first year thistles may live longer. Does anyone know how many of these are "monocarpic perennials" (that is, perennial until they are able to produce a crop of seed) ?

tc, s.WI