nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Maine blackberries

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Maine blackberries
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:34:50 -0500

Del,

Are the Maine blackberry to which you refer better that the wild ones that
hide under the snow in northern MN? I tore out my Chesters and Illinis long
ago.

Thus far, the best raspberry by far here is Amity. It is not very
top-hardy, so I cut'em to the ground every year. The flavor is the best of
any fresh eating raspberry I've had. They fruit from mid-august to freeze.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI USDA zone 3