nafex - Re: [NAFEX] W32/Sobig.F Virus

  • From: Gary Woods <gwoods@albany.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] W32/Sobig.F Virus
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:19:21 -0400

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:40:09 -0400, you wrote:

>Sorry to bother everyone, but I do not know how else to
>proceed as the virus hides the true sender.

Get a tool like Sam Spade and see who owns the IP address in the first
a bunch of virii from cornell.edu, nasa.gov, and some European ISP.
Complaints sent to all... they will have to figure out who was logged onto
that address at the time the virus was sent.
It could be fire blight!

More on topic: I received my Beauford and Fackler (sp?), and as soon as I
can figure out some reasonable questions, I'll be asking...