nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Virus questions

  • From: "Lutesville" <Lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Virus questions
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:39:01 -0500

My server has been down, so I am just getting this. I have a few questions,
as I refuse to trust my anri-virus program completely.

1. If I didn't open the attachments, did I get infected? The literature
isn't clear on this, but seems to say no. Can anyone tell for sure?

2. Did anyone else notice that this worm creates a fake "from" name for its
self? The message could have come from anyone who had that person on their
address book.

3. Did anyone else notice that this virus can disable your anti-virus
program before it has a chance to find the firus?

4. Will it do any harm to run nortons tool to remove this virus if I don't
have the virus?

Thanks,
Joyce