nafex - [NAFEX] Virus process?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Virus process?
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 12:14:01 -0400

Hi Greg,

I debated on whether to send this to the list, or to you personally, but it
is a point that
everyone should be aware of...

Today viruses are very sophisticated. Many of the more current viruses will
create a false
"envelope". A false envelope disguises where the email came from. In other
words the "FROM" is
a lie. These false envelopes could be an email address from any email in the
users INBOX,
ADDRESS BOOK, or it could get creative mixing addresses. In the end you
never know who really
sent the infected email. The creators of these viruses are diabolical to be
sure.

So if you cannot verify the sender of an virus laden email, how can a person
be banned,or even
accumulate strikes against them?

I think this is a fair question for all to know the answer.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio