nafex - [NAFEX] Lodi Apple

  • From: Rondi <dee@mokalive.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Lodi Apple
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:40:08 -0500

I wonder if adding a tablespoon or two of lemon juice to the bag and some
sugar/sweetener may also help. In drying and canning these ingredients are
added to prevent browning and/or to keep the flavors from migrating from the
fruit to the liquid it's being preserved in. I haven't done any
experimenting with regards to freezing apples plain, but my curiousity is
sparked. I am going to have to try it now.