nafex - Re: [NAFEX] good or bad nurseries

  • From: Joe and Ellen Hecksel <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] good or bad nurseries
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:12:25 -0400

R. Keith Etheridge wrote:

Has any one had experience with this nursery?

I know Sid and have done business with him. He always treated me well. His forte is grafted hazelnuts, particularly those from the Cecil Farris breeding program. He is about the only game in town if that is what you want.

I am always hesitant to give personal recommendations. *I* think Sid is a fine fellow. But if it were possible to determine a how a person will act under all circumstances, into the hazy future, there would be no divorces. As it is, approximately half of all marriages in the US end in divorce. And marriage is a game that is played for very high stakes and is (usually) more researched than a $200 order from a nursery.

Keep trying. I think Sid will come through for you.

I would imagine the nursery business is rather hectic at times especially for a small order.

It may be that Grinnell Nursery is that awkward size were he cannot afford to
hire full time clerical help.

--
-Joe Hecksel
My personal web site: http://my.voyager.net/~jhecksel