nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How to ID/use Lodi apples?

  • From: "David Doud" <doudone@netusa1.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How to ID/use Lodi apples?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:55:33 -0500

Donna, a couple of observations/comments - - Lodi generally have a longer
shape than yellow transparent, tho the huge crop of little green apples
during the 'on' year might interfer with typiness - - Lodi would normally be
a week or so earlier than YT, but again crop load plays a big role - a
maintained YT with a moderate crop load would mature before an overloaded
lodi - Lodi is a vigorous grower that forms large trees - I have no
suggestions for making a silk purse from sows ears - vinegar, perhaps? -
regards, DOUD - zone 5z, IN