nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A Passion For Pineapple

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A Passion For Pineapple
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:49:47 -0500

After eating the pineapple, the green top plus the little flesh at the top
can be planted
anywhere in the garden and it WILL root EVERY time. It's that easy to start
a pineapple. I'm
under the impression that pineapple is best not grown in full sun, its best
as a partially
shaded plant. After I rooted one in the garden, it became a houseplant that
I planted outside
during the summer. This eventually became a house plant that I took to work
where a large
window afforded it enough sun to flourish during the Massachusetts winter,
where it became
somewhat admired in the lunchroom, growing to about 2 feet tall and about 20
inches across. Of
course it never set any pineapple. A more productive indoor plant for a
sunny window is
calamondin orange, which was the best house plant I ever had.

Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts
Patriot blueberries are ripe, as are JostaBerries.