nafex - [NAFEX] Martin saskatoon

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Martin saskatoon
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:50:23 -0500

Rodney,
"Martin" is available from at least one US source, NAFEX's own Bill MacKentley, at St. Lawrence Nurseries, in Potsdam, NY.
http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us - look under "Juneberries"

Bill has one of the largest collections of Amelanchier selections in the USA, but doesn't offer all of them every year. I got Martin from him a couple of years back, but I'm not certain it is still surviving - not an indictment of plant quality, but of my stewardship. The named-variety selections he offers are tissue-cultured specimens, and relatively small, but they've done well for me in the past.
I didn't get around to ordering from him this year, but see that he was offering "Lee #3", which, I've heard, is the best A.alnifolia selection yet.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY