nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Steam juicer

  • From: Hector Black <hblack@twlakes.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Steam juicer
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:31:53 -0500

We've used this juicer for some 12 years - our first one was aluminum.  We found that freezing some fruits helps in making more juice available on steaming.  Must break down cell walls.  It won't work for jams, we can't get enough pulp to come thru even though we use a potato masher to get all the juice.
    Hector Black