nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Is anyone steering the ship?

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Is anyone steering the ship?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 08:44:02 -0400

I agree. I was shocked and offended by the message, but
1) It was obviously posted by mistake.
2) The writer apologized promptly.
3) The writer has frequently posted "on-topic" with helpful, interesting, or entertaining posts in the past - he is obviously not just a "troll".

I've seen similar stuff on a professional mailing list, and while folks at my office keep an informal "do not hire" list of people whose posts are particularly inappropriate or unsavory, it takes considerably more than one misdirected post to get banned. This seems right.

Peace,
Ginda